Thursday, February 8, 2007

The only Björn

I've grown accustomed to being one of the Björns (there were three of us at Hexia), so I'm finding my newfound uniqueness hard to cope with.

Still, there's alot of other naming coincidences I can use for comfort; my boss and his boss are both called Jan, across the hallway is an office of Marios, and the Stijns are too many to count.

This is my second workplace in a row where I have a colleague named Yuko.

Anyway, it was fun being Icelandic this morning. Everything was covered in snow, and wherever you looked you could see a car stuck or spinning wildly on the icy roads. A long line of cars stuck behind a Porsche. Snowmen on bicycles.

I got tremendous satisfaction out of overtaking slow drivers on the narrow, twisty roads near the centre, and proudly displaying the Icelandic flag on the back of my car before disappearing into the distance.

Mwahahaha!

1 comment: