Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Tow-aways

When in France...
When in France...,
originally uploaded by 't Beertje.
The Parisian adventure, as far as I was concerned, mostly consisted of losing and recovering things.

Before we even left Gent I realized my wallet was missing and after racing back to the apartment to look for it, then to the supermarket where I last remembered seeing it, then frantically trying to call the bank to lock my cards, I finally found it, lodged between the driver's seat and the door of my car.

I felt embarrassed at that point, but knowing that someone else would be more embarrassed later that day would have given me some consolation if it wasn't for the circumstances of that embarassment.

Excited yet? No? Ok, I won't go into too much details, but basically I lost my car. It was parked illegally, and the police took it away. And I was the only one who insisted that we shouldn't park there, while the others said "C'mon, everyone else is doing it, nothing will happen." But something did and the others were embarrassed, and I would have been in a gleeful "I-told-you-so" mood if I hadn't been worried sick about my car having vanished.

Apart from that, Paris was nice. I got to see all the major sights: la basilique du Sacré-Cœur (pictured), the Eiffel tower (from a distance), Notre Dame, Louvre (the outside) and many more. Had some crêpes and a bit of quiche.

Of the two capitals I've visited since leaving Iceland, it's a solid second place, though ;)

1 comment:

Elisa said...

....well...even Italians can be wrong sometime...:P