Sunday, January 21, 2007

Handball

I've been trying to spark some interest in handball among my friends and colleagues, what with the world championships going on, but with little success.

I will still report on this page about the latest results, at least as long as they're favourable.

So Iceland started with a bang, beating Australia 45 - 20. It's a good indicator of what vastly different levels the teams in the handball world are at when you consider that Australia beat Cook Islands 63 - 5 to qualify for the finals.

Should Iceland qualify, they will end up in a group with Germany, so there's a chance I'll be able to see Iceland - Germany play while I'm in Berlin next weekend. But before then, there's some interest to spark. ;) Not counting on it :P

EDIT: And with yesterday's loss against the Ukraine it looks like I won't have to worry about it anyway. Bleh.

No comments: